- 0.5 Xícara Suco de lima-da-pérsia
- 0.5 Xícara Açúcar
- 1 Handful Folha de hortelã
- 2 Xícaras Warm water
- 1 Um pouco de Cold Brew
- 1 Um pouco de Licor Kahlúa
- 10 Inteiros Lemon slices (optional)
- 10 Inteiros Popsicle Molds
- 10 Palitos Popsicle Sticks
- 1. Add ½ cup of lemon juice into a large measuring cup with a spout.
- 2. Take a handful of fresh mint leaves and rub them in your hands to release the oils, before adding them to your lemon juice.
- 3. Add sugar and warm water to the lemon juice and mint leaves, stirring until the sugar has completely dissolved to make minty lemonade.
- 4. To the lemonade, add a splash of your favorite cold brew and a splash of Kahlúa (adjusting based on your preference).
- Tip: The more you add, the darker brown the popsicles will be.
- 5. Carefully pour the Kahlúa Cold Brew Lemonade mix into your popsicle molds.
- 6. To make them that bit extra, underfill the molds slightly and slide into each a thin slice of fresh lemon (without the rind).
- 7. Freeze for one hour before carefully adding the popsicle sticks. Then, leave them to freeze for another 3 hours, or overnight, until solid.
- 8. Once frozen, gently warm the outsides of the molds by running them under warm water, before slipping the popsicles out.
There’s no ‘correct’ way to make Kahlúa ice popsicles. It’s entirely up to you which ingredients you use and how—experimenting is half the fun! So, feel free to play with this recipe and see what happens, adjusting ingredients and measures over time, to get the perfect Kahlúa popsicles. If you’d like a stronger coffee-tasting popsicle, simply follow our Kahlúa Iced Coffee recipe and freeze the mixture into ice pops molds. It works just as well and it’s even simpler to make. Don’t forget to tag @kahlua in your creations on Instagram!