- Cubos de gelo
- 1 Colher de sopa Café instantâneo
- 1 Colher de sopa Açúcar
- 1.5 Partes de Licor Kahlúa
- 1 Colher de sopa Warm water
- 4 Partes de Cold water (to fill glass)
- 1. In a tall glass, mix the instant coffee, sugar and warm water together.
- 2. Using a single beater on a hand-mixer (electric whisk), whip the 3 ingredients until light and fluffy (around 4 minutes).
- Note: You may want to do this in a bowl, before scooping the mix into your glass.
- 3. Add ice and the Kahlúa coffee liqueur to the mix in the glass.
- 4. Top drink off with cold water, stir and enjoy!
Easy and quick to make, frappés are simply iced coffee drinks, which are often enjoyed outside. Invented in the 1950s as a new way of making drinks with instant coffee, frappés remain popular in Greece and Cyprus, where they help to keep the locals cool all year round. Give this Kahlúa frappé recipe a try and feel free to modify it to suit your taste buds!